Challenge to donate to climate exhibitor-IFHE World Congress
The Exhibit Committee of the International Federation of Home Economics (IFHE) 2020 World Congress, August 2-8 Atlanta, GA, is seeking donations to support the participation of Citizens’ Climate Lobby/Citizens’ Climate Education which works nationally and globally. Since the theme of Congress is “Sustainable Development”, we think we really need an exhibitor on climate issues and solutions.
This organization also wants to do an exhibit and 60-minute interactive workshop to help us better understand the complexities of this problem and solutions. It has produced videos and other science-based materials and info you could use in your professional practice.
However, the cost of $1,000 is more than their budget allows. I feel strongly we need this perspective so I am challenging you to make a tax-deductible donation that I will match so that we can have access to this valuable information. You will receive a receipt for your donation from IFHE-US. Send your check written to IFHE-US with a memo for “climate exhibitor” to:
Luann Boyer, IFHE-US Director of Finance
22500 CR 21
Fort Morgan, CO 80701
Virginia (Ginny) Vincenti
Below are the times the Global Perspectives Community has events at the AAFCS Annual Meeting 2020 in Baltimore:
- June 26 Business Meeting 3:15 to 4:15 PM
- June 28 Luncheon 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM
For a link to the full Conference-at-a-Glance go to: https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/AAFCS/14c972df-4985-47f0-9bf6-36d357fb5661/UploadedImages/AC2020/PAAG/AAFCS_AC_Draft_Program_at_a_Glance_2_20_20.pdf
Annual Meeting 2020
4.-6. March 2020, Bonn, Germany
The Annual Meeting focuses on “Advancing IFHE: successful stories & learning examples” and World Home Economics Days 2021-2023.
Registration deadline is 28 January 2020, members register by paying a 95 Euro registration fee through the IFHE online payment
“Home Economics: Soaring Toward Sustainable Development”
2nd – 8th August 2020
Atlanta Hyatt Regency Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Your IFHE-US colleagues are excited to welcome you to the United States. The Congress will feature many traditional activities and some new ones, which include:
- First Timers Event – orientation for newcomers
- University Reunions – network with others from same US school
- Learning Day on the Move – combines traditional educational and technical excursions with home visits
- Professional Insights Into Sustainable Development Through Home Economics Programs – for university students and professionals
- Youth Insights Into Sustainable Development Through Home Economics Program – for secondary students
- Package A includes Social Program; Package B is registration only; Package B additions adds selected parts of the Social Program
- One day registration available
- Learning Day on the Move – registration includes 1st $50 of cost
Ready for your review are:
- First Announcement which includes Hotel Information
- Second Announcement which includes registration and Learning Day on the Move descriptions
- Call for Abstracts
- Congress Budget Worksheet
- Tentative Program-at-a-Glance
- Visa information to enter the United States and Letter of Invitation
Important Dates: April 10, 2020
- Early-bird Registration Ends
- Presenter Registration Deadline
For more information go to: IFHE World Congress 2020.
IFHE US is planning a wonderful Cultural Evening to take place during AAFCS in Baltimore. More information will be coming soon, but as always, it will be a not to be missed event.
Save the Date!
Registration for AAFCS in Baltimore is supposed to open up in early February. Watch the website to be ready! https://www.aafcs.org/ac2020/register