The IFHE Anual Report 2020 is ready, hot off the press. Enjoy the new design, see how members worldwide have been keeping up their commitment to improving everyday living & get a sense of the spirit that carried us through this very demanding year:
Please feel free to share the Report, it is a convoncing example why home economics matters and needs the global voice IFHE is giving to it.
Please join us for the IFHE-US Video Conference “Annual” Business meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/924323173 You can also dial in using your phone.(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.) United States: 1 (646) 749-3122- One-touch: tel: 16467493122,,924323173# Access Code: 924-323-173 New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready…
Dear members of the IFHE Programme Committee (PC) Food Security & Nutrition & Nutritional Health,
On behalf of PC Chair Prof. Dr. Patricia MBAH, we kindly request your support:
IFHE plans to publish a Position Statement which highlights the contribution of Home Economics to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goal 2 “Zero Hunger”. We hope to make this a significant paper with tangible results and therefore would like to include your expertise and experience. To present Home Economics in all its disciplinary variety and local contexts, we kindly request you to support us with your valuable input below and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (incl. links to publications/websites, if applicable).
If you wil have any questions please let us know.
Thank you in advance for your support- please look at the links below for background documents.
The IFHE Office Team
1 Background on the IFHE Position Statement
2 Request for input from PC FSNH members
International Federation for Home Economics (IFHE)
Region of the Americas in IFHE
Caribbean Association of Home Economists (C.A.H.E.)
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
Ontario Home Economics Association (OHEA)
International Home Economic Services (IHES) Donor Brochure
International Year of the Family Vienna Family Committee
Preparations for the 20th Anniversary of the International Year of the Family, 2014 Quarterly Bulletin April 2011, No 77.
10th Anniversary of the International Year of Family (IYF) -Interactive Internet Forum for family oriented organizations in consultative status with ECOSOC
Select United Nations Organization links.
IFHE makes resolutions with the support of the regional and national affiliates on topics of global importance. Here are several recent resolutions.
The Expanding Role of Home Economics (2000)
Resolution on proposal for an International Year of Food Security (2000)
Resolution on Aging (1998)
Learn more about IFHE-US by reading statements that reflect the perspective of our members.
Position Statement on Millennium Development Goals, 2011
Article from NY Times on Reviving HE
The following Mission and Aims are those of IFHE. As an affiliate of IFHE, IFHE-US incorporates these statements as their Mission as well:
Its Aims shall be:
1. to promote human rights and the universal values of households and families as environments within which individuals are assisted to reach their full potential and to acknowledge their global interdependence,
2. to promote awareness that :
a) families and households are the prime nurturing environments for every human being, and that
b) mental, physical, psychological and emotional family well-being is the basic infrastructure for all other forms of social and economic development,
3. to emphasise the social, economic and environmental impact of the management of the every day life of individuals, families and households,
4. to promote the concept of families and households as operating within a larger social, economic and physical environment with a myriad of exchanges between individuals and these larger environments on a daily basis,
5. to press for a recognition of the need for education for home and family life in all of the above areas for all age levels and in all societies,
6. to develop positions on issues within the focus and expertise of home economics and to emphasize the importance of these at the local, regional and international levels,
7. to support and cooperate in action taken by other organizations in respect of social issues of concern to the membership and the focus of IFHE,
8. to support research in areas relevant to home economics (individual, household and family issues related to the satisfaction of physical and psychological needs) which expand the understanding of the ecological view of individuals, families and households in the larger environment,
9. to keep members informed by means of publications, study courses, congresses and an information and records service.
The purpose of the IFHE-US is to serve as the coordinating pivot for all US individual and organizational members of IFHE, including AAFCS and others, to promote the mission and work of IFHE.
This includes: 1) working internationally with IFHE headquarters, IFHE units in other countries, other FCS related NGO’s and United Nations agencies, and the IFHE projects; and 2) working domestically with all United States member organizations and US individual members of IFHE to facilitate and increase opportunities for global involvement, whether conducted internationally or locally through IFHE-US.