Please make sure to scroll through the arrows at the bottom of the document to get to the second page of information.2020-Virtual-Cultural-Evening-1
Below are the times the Global Perspectives Community has events at the AAFCS Annual Meeting 2020 in Baltimore:
- June 26 Business Meeting 3:15 to 4:15 PM
- June 28 Luncheon 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM
For a link to the full Conference-at-a-Glance go to: https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/AAFCS/14c972df-4985-47f0-9bf6-36d357fb5661/UploadedImages/AC2020/PAAG/AAFCS_AC_Draft_Program_at_a_Glance_2_20_20.pdf
Annual Meeting 2020
4.-6. March 2020, Bonn, Germany
The Annual Meeting focuses on “Advancing IFHE: successful stories & learning examples” and World Home Economics Days 2021-2023.
Registration deadline is 28 January 2020, members register by paying a 95 Euro registration fee through the IFHE online payment
“Home Economics: Soaring Toward Sustainable Development”
2nd – 8th August 2020
Atlanta Hyatt Regency Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Your IFHE-US colleagues are excited to welcome you to the United States. The Congress will feature many traditional activities and some new ones, which include:
- First Timers Event – orientation for newcomers
- University Reunions – network with others from same US school
- Learning Day on the Move – combines traditional educational and technical excursions with home visits
- Professional Insights Into Sustainable Development Through Home Economics Programs – for university students and professionals
- Youth Insights Into Sustainable Development Through Home Economics Program – for secondary students
- Package A includes Social Program; Package B is registration only; Package B additions adds selected parts of the Social Program
- One day registration available
- Learning Day on the Move – registration includes 1st $50 of cost
Ready for your review are:
- First Announcement which includes Hotel Information
- Second Announcement which includes registration and Learning Day on the Move descriptions
- Call for Abstracts
- Congress Budget Worksheet
- Tentative Program-at-a-Glance
- Visa information to enter the United States and Letter of Invitation
Important Dates: April 10, 2020
- Early-bird Registration Ends
- Presenter Registration Deadline
For more information go to: IFHE World Congress 2020.
IFHE US is planning a wonderful Cultural Evening to take place during AAFCS in Baltimore. More information will be coming soon, but as always, it will be a not to be missed event.
Save the Date!
Registration for AAFCS in Baltimore is supposed to open up in early February. Watch the website to be ready! https://www.aafcs.org/ac2020/register
The 2020 Congress Planning Meeting will be Monday, June 24 from 5 to 7 pm and there are committees which are going to need members to help with their assignments in Atlanta. Please come and find out more about how you can help with Congress.
The IFHE-US Business Meeting will be Tuesday from 5 to 7 PM and all members should attend to stay updated on the organization.
To start the week off, the annual Development Fund Cultural Event will be Sunday June 23 at 7 pm. A flyer with details is attached. There is a limit of 75 due to the room where it is being held; so if you plan to attend, send your reservation and check payment to the address on the flyer.
Finally, the AAFCS Conference Welcome Reception Sunday from 4:30 to 6 pm will have an international theme using a “Passport” as you attend various educational and fun stations during the reception. IFHE-US is assisting with this event as a way to publicize 2020 Congress and we need your assistance with manning the activity stations. If you are available during Sunday afternoon to help with set-up and/or spending some part of your time at an activity station between 4:30 and 6, email Roxie Godfrey with when you would be available Sunday afternoon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It is time to register for the Annual Conference and Meeting in St. Louis. Registration information can be found here. The event will be June 23rd- 26th with an amazing amount of opportunities for networking, professional development, and education.
Please be looking for more information coming soon about the 2019 Cultural Evening that will be held this year at the AAFCS Conference in St. Louis. It is always a wonderful time to learn and network. More details coming soon.